Pin it!

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

A Week Into Cloth

It has officially been a week since I have switched to cloth diapers and I have to say I feel pretty good about it! Not only has my garbage not been overflowing w/ stinky smelly diapers but I am also digging not running to the store to buy another box of disposables to fill a landfill.

It has been an adjustment..to say the least. I have found out really quickly what I need and how much I need to get us through a few days so I am not doing laundry every day.

I unknowingly bought a bag of inserts not the brand of diapers we were using to try and realized they sucked..so now since I cannot return them I will use them as a additional night-time soaker solution..and I have to admit I have not been using them at night...because I am scared..ya know that feeling when they just fall asleep and you step on a toy while exiting their room and are freaking praying they will still sleep?! Yah that's how I feel...he JUST started sleeping again through the night...What was going on last week?! Well you probably noticed I didn't blog at all..Yah Mommy was tired. WHO KNOWS. Always something with this kid.

I also got a great tip from a friend on a store in Orland called Cutie Poops and Bottoms and they sell all cloth diaper shenanigans and also have classes! How cool is that a class that can tell you how to spray the poop off the diaper before putting it in your washing machine! Also they have gently used diapers...which maybe you are grossed out BUT this is a great way to try a brand before you buy considering how expensive they are to have one not work out. They also answer all your questions, and have stuff for diaper rash that is safe with cloth diapers.

Today is the first day my parents are tackling the cloth diaper task so we will see how they do..they will probably use up every last diaper, insert I gave them since they are obsessed w/ him being dry all day long..well when you drink 4-8oz bottles and have water in between it's a little hard!
And I have to thank all my cloth-diapering-friends who answered every text I had when I first started since I had no idea :)
Happy Diapering!
~Candace
Follow me on Twitter @cantalope319

#clothdiaper #cutiepoops

No comments:

Post a Comment