Pin it!

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Slow Down!

This little man is really taking advantage of his mama being home. The kid is almost 8mo old, crawling, now pulling himself up onto things..He's growing TOO fast for me to keep up! So I'm sorry I have been MIA for awhile..it's like now that I'm home I don't know how I did it when I wasn't home! But I do have a few excuses, I had a wine event this past weekend so the weekend entailed of getting everyones order in, clarifying some shizzle that was out and putting the cards through. Then I have another event this weekend with some wines I haven't tried yet, so I have to do my research on them bad boys along w/ following up with the Hostess and all that jazz...Making copies at Kinko's you know how I roll.

Drew has been sick going on week 2..it's so great when babies are sick and there's nothing you can do for them except give them extra snuggles! So needless to say my house looks like a disaster zone and I can't seem to get enough sleep these days. I mean I went to bed at 8:45pm last night, woke up 6am to the stirs of a child and could have slept for a bit longer...Isn't that craaaaazy? Shouldn't I be like in bed at 10pm and up at 5am or something? I will say there is so much I can get done when he goes to sleep it's amazing...I just think about if I were to stay up til 10..The whole house would be cleaned, the meals prepared for the next day, laundry done and put away...MAN that would be NICE! But what do I decide to do? Sleep...oh well.

I did do some cooking over the weekend so I have a new recipe for ya's...and it's delightful especially for the ending of this horrific winter that is plaguing us.

Loaded Baked Potato Soup w/ Bacon, Cheddar, and Chives
From Real simple magazine

Ingredients
4 slices of bacon, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
4 russet potatoes, peeled and chopped into 2" pieces
3 cups chicken broth
3 cups of whole milk
4oz of grated cheddar cheese
2 tbsp fresh chives, chopped

Cook the bacon in a large pot or dutch oven..HA! over med-high heat til crispy...Transfer to a plate and leave 2tbsp of bacon greasy goodness in the pot. Add onions and garlic, cook until softened 8 min. Add potatoes, broth, milk, salt and pepper...go a little heavy on the salt cuz dem alot of taters! Bring to a boil then reduce heat to simmer, cook about 30-40min stirring occasionally until potatoes start to fall apart...I even smashed a few to get it extra creamy :). Put into a bowl, top w/ some bacon, cheddar and chives...mmmmm


Enjoy!
~Candace

No comments:

Post a Comment