Pin it!

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Spring Ahead...yea right..

While the 1/2 of the world is getting super excited that Spring is around the corner the rest of the world (mostly moms) are dreading turning our clocks ahead an hour. Because in case you didn't know: Babies can't tell you turned the damn clocks forward or back or sideways...the are on their schedule and that is that. So being a first-time mom that brings me to my next question. How the HELL do you get your baby on the new schedule? Or do you just hate your life for like 2 weeks while they get used to it? Oh man I'm not looking forward to all this. Right now the little man goes down at about 8...I really try to keep him up later but he's a nightmare so I give in and put him to bed. He usually gets up around 6am..then I really try to have him snuggle me until at least 6:30 since his bottle isn't until 7:30....so on Sunday he will be getting up at like 7:30 (new time) and going to bed at 9 (new time)? And somewhere in the middle of all this we lose an hour HUH?!

How am I going to keep this straight?

I ALREADY need a glass of wine and it's only Wednesday night! So for shits and giggles I decided to google "how to get my baby ready for time change" and you would be SUPRISED to see how many things popped up! And the consensus was to start a week ahead of time keeping them up later by 15 minutes every night to get them on a different schedule..well since I'm already fucked cuz it's just about Thursday I will have that glass now please :) I have to say I feel alot better about myself when I read shit like this:

"We live in Russia but have traveled back and forth to the States twice now with my 10-month old DS. I've heard that it takes a day for every hour you change, and when we changed 11 hours it definitely took at least 11 days for him to get over jet lag. He would sleep more and more on the local time each day, but I had to just go with the flow until he totally adapted."

ARE YOU SERIOUS! I can't imagine traveling to and from freakin' Russia w/ a 10mo old! Just slit my wrists and call it a day! Oh that reminds me, little man turned 8mo today! And I already forgot to take his little picture w/ his little 8mo sticker on it...I'm already turning into a horrible mom. Hopefully someday he will forgive me..."Mom, you were a day late posting my 8mo old picture WTF, now I'm in counseling and I like to cut myself"...I would just die. I will get on the stick tomorrow I promise....after my coffee....and a shower...possibly a nap...you get the drift.
Funny Seasonal Ecard: Let's spend the weekend pulling out the winter clothes we put into storage last weekend.

Happy Thursday Ya'll!
~Candace


No comments:

Post a Comment