Pin it!

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

My World=Crazy

Let me just start out this entry by saying I am lucky, blessed, whatever. I am so thankful for all the people in my life and I pride myself on not burning any bridges and keeping in contact w/ former coworkers/bosses/etc. You never KNOW who your next boss will be :) I can't tell you how many times I have gotten a job opportunity from a previous person who knew so and so that I worked with like five million years ago. And Believe ME it's hard! You know how many times I wanted to say "FUCK OFF" to ALOT of people I worked with before, how many people I had to work with that I ended up doing the majority of the work because they were slackers, how many bosses I worked for that were total douchebags..but the important part..I didn't. I resisted the urge. Maybe someday I will get to say what is REALLY on my mind.
Funny Workplace Ecard: I'm sorry my recent absence from work caused you to have to do your own work.

In this day and age it is all "Who you know". And also that you show up...I have trained people that were worthless but they came in everyday and you know what my boss would say "well they came back didn't they"..so that entitles them to a job? Who knew. Back to the point, when I put in my notice at my former full time position it was a shocker...we were right in the middle of changing things yet again with our customers and there was ALOT of work to be done. They tried everything to get me to continue working for them. Maybe I could get a raise? Could I clock in for a few hours at home? Would I want more hours? YEA RIGHT! You couldn't pay me enough money to keep that shitty position after they were about to wreck havoc on all of our tools that we use and that our customers use...because what changes happen that always go smoothly? NONE! I was done, I was sooo done with that company and their shitty decision. I actually felt bad for our customers, so many times I wanted to whisper..."please go find another company to do business with"..so disappointing because there is great potential there with the ladies that I worked with.

My plan after quitting was doing hair a few times a week and doing these At-home wine tasting parties. The hair I knew was going to be hard...Salons suck and let me tell you why. Almost all of them force you to sit there during your shift, even if you don't have any clients for the "possibility" of a walk-in where unless you work at Great Clips ain't gonna happen. Keep in mind you are not getting paid for sitting there, you only make commission if you have a client. Usually clients are booked based on the hairdresser that has been there the longest and so on down the road until you get to the newbie. As someone basically starting from scratch I figured they hired me because they needed me and therefore I would get clients. Now I wasn't planning on doing 2k in sales my first week in, but as I'm looking at the schedule I'm noticing there are a FEW stylists that aren't booked at all...which means my chances of getting clients is pretty slim. I had a panic attack, not like we need the money but because I had made this decision and what was I going to do now..I can't sit at a salon for hours doing nothing while either having Drew watched by my parents or even worse PAYING someone to watch him while I make $0.

By some crazy shift in the atmosphere or my dumb luck my cousin contacted me about a work-from-home opportunity. I was like "what"? Because I really didn't think they existed..but this thing is sweet. I log in for a few hours a few times a week and I monitor a company's Social Media sites. So I basically look at any Tweets, or FB posts and reply to them. I feel like this is sooo up my alley and the best thing I can do it from home and it's not demanding a ton of hours! How is it that I get this opportunity? I wonder sometimes who is looking out for me and how perfect of timing everything is. Needless to say I feel a MILLION times better about the mishap at the salon, I know they mean well and I know how the rules go...I might just have to wait a little bit before embarking on that journey again. In the meantime I need to get a damn sink installed somewhere in my house so I can just do it from home like I used to! Damn Condos.




2 comments:

  1. Good things come to those who know a good thing when they see it :) Written by me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm...psst...If your work from home thing has any more openings, let me know....

    ReplyDelete