Pin it!

Monday, January 27, 2014

Next Stop...Yoga Pants!

With my new-found freedom slowly approaching I will definitely have to find something to wear every day when I'm getting puked on, shat on, spit up on, and now that we will be trying sippy cups soon...water/formula'd on. Oh who's that knocking on my door....YOGA PANTS! Seriously what DID people wear back in the day before these bad boys were so popular? I guess it was sweat pants...YUCK. Yes please add 10lbs to my already 30lb heavier self. At least yoga pants try to be classy...well being black and all. Sometimes I might try to pull them off at work as dress pants...only my really nice pairs :) It's too hard not to wear them, they are so fricken comfy, now I try to wear regular pants and feel all constricted and shit. Also since I still have baby weight to lose I'm still sporting my maternity pants which just suck...sick of wearing a band up to my boobs and folding it over the pants are still falling off of me. What's a gal to do?! We need like free transition clothes from the Hospital or something, I don't want to buy a whole new set of clothes that are in between my maternity clothes and my regular clothes because I got baby shit to buy! There's no buying for yourself anymore, you can try; but once that baby is here your mind shifts and it's all about them. As it should be. I literally have to make a list if I want to look at things that don't pertain to Drew, then I usually leave that list at home and come back w/ formula, paci's, and a cute outfit or something for him. Fail. Fail. It's annoying to see women just bounce right back after having kids. As much as I want to drop the lbs I also want to spend time w/ my son. Well with working that is like an oxymoron since I would get maybe 2-3hrs a night before he's in bed and we start all over again the following day. The only way I can see it's possible is that these women stay at home and don't work. I would feel less guilty about going to the gym if I spent a lot of time with him for sure. Heck it might even be nice for him to play with other kids in the Daycare room while I sweat off some Portillo's Chocolate Cake. So I am going to try to go to the gym twice a week to start out with and to get me out of the house because with my obsession for a clean home I can see myself just cleaning my house every day and re-cleaning and re-cleaning, polishing floors, resealing the granite all crazy shit that does not need to be done on a daily basis. And what will I wear to the gym?? Yoga pants!!! Thank god for the black, stretchy comfy-ness.

Here's a pretty healthy recipe for Chicken Piccata that I absolutely love.
From Cooking Light-Superfast Suppers

2-4oz chicken breast
2 tsp. Olive Oil
1/4 c. Fat-free Reduced Sodium Chicken Broth
2 Tbsp. Fresh Lemon juice (from 2 lemons)
1Tbsp Capers
2 Tbsp. Fresh Parsley chopped
Salt, Pepper

Pound those little breasts to 1/4" thickness, and sprinkle w/ Salt and Pepper. (Cooks Note: I like a little crunch on my chicken so I actually got some flour, seasoned that w/ the Salt and Pepper and then dredged the chicken in there before adding to the pan but obviously that's a little less healthy) Heat oil in skillet over Med/High heat. Add chicken and cook for 3-4 min per side until done. Remove Chicken keep warm in 200 degree oven. In same skillet add Broth, Lemon Juice and scrape up brown bits, cook on High for 1 minute until Reduced. Stir in Capers and add any additional Salt and Pepper to taste. Put chicken on a plate, drizzle sauce over and then fresh parsley on top...the parsley makes all the difference! Nom Nom Nommmers!
Let me know if you try it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment