Pin it!

Monday, January 20, 2014

Did I agree to THIS?! New Wife, New Mom, New Outlook?!

So it's 9pm...Andrew is asleep, I've taken a shower and washed 5 Million bottles that I've been putting off for days...if the only thing we have tomorrow are clean bottles I'm cool with that! The last thing I want to do is touch the load in the washer that's been festering for a number of days...maybe I'll just restart that cycle and call it done! So let's start a blog..people keep mentioning to me that I always have funny, semi-useful things to say and that I should share with this world, maybe I could help out one poor soul with my advice? We will see :) But what will set mine apart from all the others? Welp, there are definitely going to be a TON of grammatical errors...is grammatical a word? Punctuation will Fucked UP. O and swearing, if you didn't catch that, you might not want to be reading this as your boss walks by asking for the TPS reports. I can gaurantee at least one smile...maybe even a laugh out loud? Who would dare?! I'll hopefully touch on some relate able topics for my fans. And why am I starting this thing you ask? Well I've decided to throw a Hail Mary...I am quitting my full-time job and am dabbling into a new part-time career so I can stay at home with my little one...O I forgot to mention that...Andrew.

My little man is 6mo old and a ball of energy, here's a fricken adorable picture...yea I make cute kids what can I say.

Anywho he keeps me on my toes and I'm sick of being a depressed basket-case come Monday morning and I have to go into a job I am learning to hate. That is a whole OTHER story. Am I nervous? HECK YES! I've gotten used to my paychecks, used to the insurance and used to the monotony that occurs on a daily basis. And let me tell you being at home w/ a kid(s) is the HARDEST job you will ever do...so anyone that says..."O how nice you don't have to work" well you can just punch them in the face because this my lovelies is the hardest job ever, harder then cleaning poop at the poop factory...wait he is a poop factory! No scheduled lunch breaks, the boss is cranky if he doesn't get what he wants when he wants it but doesn't know how to tell you what he wants so you just have to guess. You will have days that will make you go "yes I can do this!" and then days that you will go "Did I agree to this?" and no days are the same. So throw caution to the wind and let's get started! I would like to embark on a journey where I am on-call 24/7 with no pay :) But in the end it will all be worth it because I won't have that "going to hang myself in the broom closet" feeling...well I might but then I just have to make Drew smile or laugh and all is well. I will end this short post with a babyfood recipe that I made over the weekend :)

Recommended for Babies 6mo+ after they've had each fruit/veg separately to check for allergies
7 Apples (anything but green)
7 Sweet Potatoes
1/2 Tsp. Cinnamon

Peel the apples and sweet potatoes and cut into chunks, add to boiling water and simmer until soft. Pop all those yummies into a food processor and save the cooking liquid for easy blending. Puree in food processor. Add cooking liquid to make a desired smooth puree. Then add cinnamon and pulse a few more times.
Let me know how your little one liked this recipe if you tried it.

-Candace
Share this blog or I will beat you.

No comments:

Post a Comment