Pin it!

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Weekend Recap....What you missed!

So in case you were living under a rock this weekend you may have heard about Drake hosting AND being the musical guest on SNL...well this dude rocks, he had to have like 20-5hr energy's or something because I was tired after watching it! He did some great skits but the one that I loved was the Disneyworld Orlando Indiana Jones Skit...Watch it here I think it's probably because this shit happens all the time!! They ask the audience who wants to participate...everyone is waving their hands..they pick someone and that person is soo excited. They go back stage and say "ok, you gotta do this and you gotta do this" and the person is like "yea, ok, sure, great!" Then they pop em onstage in front of thousands of people, flashing lights, hell maybe Beyonce is even in the crowd...and then BLANK...is anyone home? NOPE! So the hosts just have to run with it, try to make it work...please anything, say anything! Hope they aren't taping for a commercial or something that day cuz you be screwed! I have to say even his musical performances were good.. for some reason they have some kinda shitty stage and sound equip on SNL cuz usually they sound like ass.

Other than that I was pretty sick all weekend got some sorta cold/fluish thing so I basically stayed in with my little man and try to suck out his snuggle power to cure my sickness. Matt was home for maybe 3 hours on Saturday so I decided to take full advantage and make this Mac and Cheese recipe out of my Good Housekeeping Magazine that my awesome friend brought over along w/ other great 'care package' items! I love my friends! This is a healthy recipe so those of you looking for an oooeyy, gooeey, mac n' cheese; so cheesy you need a nap afteward, this is not the one for you! This one would be suitable for lunch since it's not crazy heavy and feel free to modify because I sure did!
-Ingredients-
1oz. whole-grain crackers
2oz. grated Parmesan Cheese
1lb. carrots-thinly sliced (not a fan of carrots I substituted baby spinach)
1lb. peeled, cubed butternut squash (buy the shit that's already cubed and ready to go!)
14oz. whole-grain Cavatappi Pasta
1 1/2 c. low-fat milk
2/3 c. low-fat Cottage Cheese (I used Ricotta cuz it's all I had)
4oz. Reduced-fat Cheddar Cheese-grated
1 c. grape tomatoes, halved
1tsp. salt and pepper to taste

Put a huge pot of water on to boil and add salt. Preheat oven to 425. Cook carrots and squash in boiling water until tender..about 15 minutes. While those babies are cooking put 1/2 of the Parm and all of the crackers in Food Processor and crush em! Pour into a bowl and set aside. When Veg is done put in Food Processor and liquify. Toss pasta in that pot w/ the boiling water and cook for 1/2 the cooking time on the package. While pasta is cooking add milk, cottage cheese, salt, pepper to Veg in Food Processor..I also added Garlic Powder but Nutmeg would be good in here too. Prepare baking dishes they suggest 6 -16oz, spray em w/ Pam. Drain Pasta and add back to pot, add puree and remaining cheeses. Divide pasta among your dishes, top w/ tomatoes and cheese/cracker mixture..side note I wish I would have put tomatoes throughout the dishes because those little babies are like hot love bombs after getting hot in the oven! Here's some before and after shots! Try it out!



Let me know what you think!
I would like to end this post by asking WTH is in Chili's Guacamole?? This shit is bionic, not only does it taste amazing...how come I didn't know about this before? BUT it has roasted corn, peppers and onions in it with a bit of heat...mmm Mommy likey! Here is the weird part...this shit never gets brown..ummm what kinda chemicals are in this thing where avocados don't turn brown like the second you open one up? See below this is Day 2! Wondering if somewhere on the Internets is this Secret Guacamole Recipe so I can then decide if I will want to eat it again or if there is like cat toenails in it to keep it green...until next time.


 ~Candace
Share this or I will beat you.



1 comment:

  1. I am dying to try that mac n cheese recipe! Sounds delish.

    ReplyDelete