Pin it!

Friday, January 24, 2014

What the hell did I do this week?

Well this week has been cray cray I feel like until I am done working out my slave duties at my current full-time position I can get NOTHING done...what a great feeling. So I am super far behind on my shows...Biggest Loser, Bachelor, Buying Hawaii...(why do I only watch shows that begin with a 'B') so I tried to squeeze some in on my lunch breaks so I could have something to talk about! First thing first I got two amazing shipments this week...first was from Zingerman's we got our monthly shipment of bacon :) I actually got this for Matt for Christmas in hopes that he would share some with me...ya know what is the best thing in the world..coming home to fresh upscale bacon..this bacon is like no other, every month is a different kind but the similar factor is that all are far too good to be paired with anything else. One month we tried cooking some pieces, chopping it up and stuffing it into burgers w/ cheese...NOPE the bacon was TOO good for the meat! Imagine that?! You literally have to just eat it by itself or on a BLT...it has to be the main star! And I usually get sick of the bacon smell that permeates your house for days after you make it however this shit smells like a fireplace...yum yum. It's also a great gift since it comes with all these crazy facts about where it came from and how it's cured/smoked/whatever they do to make it that bacon-y goodness. Another amazing shipment were my WINES! I am working with the Traveling Vineyard to host at-home wine tasting parties to get me out of the house and have some fun and possibly meet some new people..and not scare them off..well we will see about that last part. It's going to be very hard having 12 bottles of wine just chillin' at my house until Feb. 1st which is my first tasting. Here's a pic of the bacon...yea it's fricken good!
So Buying Hawaii...we just discovered we get the Destination channel which I was psyched about since it will probably be some time before we plan a vaca w/ the little one! The houses on this show are ridic! One was 780sq. feet and 4 floors because it was on the side of a mountain or volcano or something...and it was like 660k! Holy Cannoli's who can afford that?! O but it comes with a free lawnmower, that would be the box of Guinea Pigs on your lawn, it takes them about 6 weeks to do the whole lawn, but you just move them around your yardage in their little happy box...ummm WHAT?! I literally had Matt rewind cuz I was like 'am I tripping on LSD'? I've never done hardcore drugs but Guinea Pigs aka breathing lawnmowers?! And these people were psyched out of their minds so I guess it's sort of a big deal? I will probably never know. My jaw is on the floor during this whole show..which is pretty entertaining.

Next up..BL... this week was makeover week one of my favorite weeks, I swear they just make these contestants look all haggard so then come "makeover week" you put a little lipgloss on the girls and have the dudes shave their nasty beards and Voila BEA-utiful! Well I'm thinking Rachel is going to win this thing, BUT her only downfall is I'm not sure how much more weight she has to lose. The trick of this show is to lose just enough to keep you there until Finals, then lose as much as you can...so the bigger ones get into finals and start shitting LBs and BAM you just won 100k! Can I just say I LUVER Tim Gunn...he's looking so old so it's breaking my heart because I believe he makes this world a better place, he reminds me of like a male Mary Poppins :) And DUDE Chelsea wants to look hot for her 10yr high school reunion? Um that was not cool since I just had mine! That bitch is young! Good for her considering her classmates are probably beluga whales. Now Marie is way hotter than her husband...I could see the insecurity already in his eyes, hopefully he can get over it so they can make some babies. And DAVID, this dude looked like a straight up crypt-keeper before and now he looks like a normal average dad! The magic of television! In the end Tanya and Marie went home.

Bachelor...hmmm I feel like Juan Pablo's voice is the same tone through the whole thing. AND he claims all these connections with these girls already! It's like damn dude you could down-play a little! He had his 1 on 1 with Cassandra meh. She's just meh nothing special..o great body..don't they all have that on this show?! Group date they played soccer, I could have really beat some ass on this date since I am a former soccer player, I enjoyed watching Charlene get beat to shit. Then a 1on 1 with Chelsie. Bungee jump off a bridge?! Sure why not! Yeah right am I the only one who wouldn't risk their life to date this dude. He's hot but man come on! In the end Lucy and Christy went home. Thank god he got Lucy outta there, I was thinking it would be pretty creepy for Camilia to ask her stepmom to put some clothes on.  

Let me leave you with a fabulous bacon recipe however use the regular store-bought shit for this one!

Holiday Bacon Appetizers from The Pioneer Woman 
1lb thinly sliced bacon
1 sleeve of Club Crackers
Brown Sugar or Parmesan Cheese or both!

Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Take a cracker, put 1tsp. of either brown sugar or grated Parmesan Cheese and wrap w/ 1/2 slice of bacon..be careful not wrap too tight or it will morph your crackers. Put on a rack in a rimmed baking sheet (allows the grease to drip down) or you can use a broiler pan. And bake for 2 hours! I took mine out at 1hr45min cuz I just couldn't wait any longer! Good warm or at room temperature, and make a TON because these are a crowd pleaser! Let me know what you think!

~Candace
Share this or I will beat you






2 comments:

  1. OMG those bacon things are amazing!! I hope I have the buying Hawaii, but have you seen the one where people are looking to start a resort on tiny islands, fascinating!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No I haven't, what show is that it sounds like my kinda bag baby!

    ReplyDelete