Pin it!

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

A Day in the Life...

No joke I wanted to show you what my 1st day being a "stay-at-home mom" was all about.. I wanted to preface this with I don't know how parents of multiple kids do it! I am pooped.

6am-he woke up...peed through pj's...damnit! quickly changed him and put him back down
630-Hubby wakes up as I am laying back down...wants to get some..is he serious?!
730-745-Somewhere in that time frame one of the dogs throws up in our room...because someone didn't feed them before he left for work
8am-UP! at the same time I manage to feed the dogs, warm up Drew's bottle (I make one the night before) do a little dance between letting the dogs out and entertaining Drew before his bottle is ready
820-Bottle done, time for my bottle..I mean coffee
825-835-Tried to get Drew interested in "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs" because I have never seen it...NOPE
840-Solid food time for Drew, whip up some oatmeal and fruit mixed in..practice sippy cup
845-Did he poop? YES..argh
850-submit my wine order for my party this past weekend while he's on my lap trying not to let him grab and eat everything in sight
900-Moms coffee has kicked in, put Drew in crib w/ Mobile going so I can run to the bathroom
905-Get laundry thats been done for two days and put Drew on his floor w/ some toys while I put it away
930-1030-Nap time...thank the good lord...during the next hour I get to myself one would think I would take it easy, maybe put my feet up..Girl you Cray! Time for: Shower, shove something in my mouth, put on yoga pants and shirt, brush teeth, hair in pony, make bottles for the rest of the day and food if needed. Wash dirty bottles, Clean up the puke that's been festering, and DING fries are done...Drew is up...oh man
1030-1130 Get Drew dressed for the day, diaper change, play on the floor, read him books
1130-12 Exersaucer while I check emails, shove something else in my mouth, potty break and FB
12-Bottle time!
1215-1245-play with him on my lap so he doesn't spew his whole bottle (he has a very sensitive stomach)
1245-Solid food time and practice sippy
1pm-I think he pooped again? YES
115-200-Go to the grocery store..Drew used to sleep in the car and the whole time out but not anymore! He's wide awake through the whole store. And yes this took me a minimum of 45 minutes due to it being winter and I have to dress him up like we are going out in a blizzard
215-315 NAP TIME-put groceries away, Cook some broccoli and cauliflower for Drews meals for the next few days. Puree that shit up and put into pouches
3pm- Dads home...holy crap I haven't seen him in weeks aside from the 10 seconds this morning
315-330-play w Dad, I go to the bathroom, check emails, FB
330-4 play with me while Dad takes a shower for an hour....we are working on that
4pm-Bottle Time
415-430 Play on my lap while trying not to spew
445-Solid Food time and practice Sippy
5-6pm-Play on the floor, read books, throw him around :)
6-7pm LAST NAP OF THE DAY! I get dinner ready, eaten, put away, dishwasher ran
7-8pm either bath and  Pj's or play and Pj's
8pm- Bottle, lights out and pray he goes to bed on the first try!
830-930-Make bottle for morning, clean up the toy tornado, watch 1 of the millions shows on my DVR, write a blog, go to bed.

Now you might look at this and say "hey she got a lot done" HA! You want to know what my list consisted of...

Vacuum
Wipe down counters
Put a load of laundry in
Wash Floors
Make 2 more babyfood meals
Change Drews sheets
Wash our bedding
Bring bags of shit from work in the house

So basically I didn't get any cleaning done and just played with the boy all day. Well at least there are more days in the week right?! And this is cake now, when he was younger it was a lot more work because he ate more often and napped more frequently but for shorter time periods so every day just melted into the next. Happy Hump Day ya'll!

~Candace



No comments:

Post a Comment